2020 Hindsight and Paying it Forward
It has been an upside down year during which time we’ve learned a lot about our ability to work from home and still carry out global collaborations. EpiVax embraces the positive changes that have occurred and celebrates the impact that scientists and biotech companies have had on the pandemic.
Speaking of positive impact, we invite you to help us define how our charitable giving will be distributed this year. We have a strong tradition of giving back and would like your input on how we do so. Give us the name of your favorite charity here.
And here is one story for 2020 that has ended well … it has now been just over one year since Jack came home from the PARL Shelter with me – he’s super happy to be WFH and when we get a chance to go to work, he loves seeing the ‘essential’ IT and lab team members!
Here are some of the other ways that we’ve given back this year to date:
- Animal shelters and sanctuaries including: PARL, Friends of Homeless Animals, Woonsocket Cat Sanctuary…
- STEM education:
- Junior Achievement Rhode Island
- RI Foundation: funds for headphones, computers for virtual learning at schools in RI
- Fighting cancer: Light the Night Society: Donations support the Leukemia and Lymphoma society
- Healthcare for the uninsured: Clinica Esperanza: Toy drive and Run for Hope
- Victims of gun violence: Lynn Heimsoth Memorial
- HIV/AIDS care and prevention
Seeing the good, benefiting human health
(1) Tell us how you ‘improved human (or animal) life everywhere’ in 2020?(2) Tell us how we can serve you and your company better and …
(3) Please, tell us what we can do to improve our service to the biotechnology industry!
More than a Million!
We just set a new a record for the number of monoclonal antibody, protein and peptide sequences run through ISPRI in one year.! In addition, five new companies signed up to use ISPRI, establishing a new record for the number of companies, both large and small, that use our Interactive Screening and Protein engineering Platform.