EpiVax is pleased to announce our participation with the first HCP Workshop to take place May 15-16, 2014 in Dubrovnik, Croatia. EpiVax will be presenting their approch to assessing the immunogenic potential of host cell proteins using a proprietary in-silico tool, CHOPPI. See slides below.
The CHOPPI project is a collaboration between Dartmouth College, EpiVax, Inc. and the Institute for Immunology and Informatics (iCubed), and is driven by the EpiMatrix T cell epitope predictor developed by EpiVax.
Main Topics at the Meeting:
- Screening and Assessing HCP Rare Reagents
- Selecting Appropriate HCP assays for Early vs. Late Stage Development
- Assessment of Various Technologies
- Overcoming Common Analytical Development Hurdles
- Update on USP General Chapter on HCP Assays
- Impact of HCP Immune Responses in Humans
Over 15 Case Studies including:
- Demonstration of antibody coverage. Alternatives to Western Blot
- Characterization of new HCP reagents for Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells by High-Throughput Simple Western Technology
- Measurement and Determination of Host Cell Proteins; What Methods to Use and When?
- Strategies for the Replacement of the Host Cell Protein Immunoassay with “as good as or better” assay
- Factors Leading to Sample Dilution Dependence
- Identification of an antibody-bound HCP and the impact to Process Development
- Assessing Immunogenicity Risk from Host Cell Proteins in Biotherapeutic Development